The full workshop programme has been launched for the free AgriTEACH training sessions at Agritech Expo Zambia that is taking place in Chisamba from 11-13 April 2019.
AgriTEACH workshops are focused on skills development, aimed at addressing current farming challenges and offer practical, smart and innovative solutions to ensure quality farming and maximum production, season after season.
Farmers will have the opportunity to attend multiple workshop sessions taking place across four different industry themes, allowing farmers a more focused and detailed knowledge building experience. The sessions will cover agri sectors such as crops, finance, irrigation, machinery, equipment and livestock.
There will also be an opportunity for farmers to obtain free, professional advice from experts in the new AgriCONSULT sessions at the event.
Some of the leading expert speakers at the AgriTEACH workshops at Agritech Expo Zambia who will share their experience and latest technology include:
Livestock, Poultry, Aquaculture
- “The aquaculture status in Zambia is rapidly increasing with a number of donor supported aquaculture development programs targeting small-scale farmers.”
– Sikabalu Malawo, Technical Sales officer, Skretting Zambia. Click here
- “Nutrition and feeding account for a major cost of production and farmers will learn how this cost can be reduced.”
– David Elias Daka, Animal Production Consultant at Livestock Services Cooperative Society in Zambia. Click here
- “We are involved in financial literacy programs such as the Farmers and Micro Business Simulation, our main focus is to have farmers and micro businesses view their businesses as profit centres and manage them as such in the long run.”
– Jonathan Chola, Agro-lending Coordinator at AB Bank. Click here
- “Banks value their relationship with Zambian farmers and are committed to providing financial solutions to help them grow.”
– Leonard Mwanza, CEO of the Bankers’ Association of Zambia (BAZ), an official industry event partner. Click here
Soil & Irrigation
- “Currently, there are few options farmers know about that have the potential to re-instate soil fertility without the need for long fallow periods”
– Sebastian Scott, one of the founding members of the Grassroots Trust. Click here
Machinery & Equipment
- “Zambia will be a new gateway for Flying Star to move like a tidal wave across the southern regions of Africa.”
– Shannon Lee Ferry, Assistant Marketing Manager & Overseas Coordinator of STI International in Thailand and manufacturers of Flying Star FUVs (Farm Utility Vehicles). Click here
Local + global = Agritech Expo!
This year the event at GART is expected to bring more than 20 000 visitors from some 39 countries, over 220 local and international exhibitors, including country pavilions so far from Germany, China, Czech Republic, the European Union, Italy and the UK, with 3500 VIP and large scale farmers and 150 members of the media. Agritech Expo Zambia is free to attend for all visitors that pre-register.
As in previous years, Agritech Expo enjoys extensive support from the agri industry with well-known suppliers Agriserve, SARO and Zamseed already confirmed as gold sponsors.
Multi-award winning Agritech Expo
Last year Agritech Expo Zambia won the AAXO ROAR award for Best Africa Bound Trade & Consumer Exhibition in the 12000+ sqm category at the AAXO ROAR Organiser and Exhibitor Awards in Johannesburg which honour excellence in the exhibition and events industry on the continent. In 2017 the event also won for Best Trade & Consumer Exhibition 12000+ sqm and for Distinction in Social Responsibility.
The expo has an outreach programme at the local Golden Valley Basic School, where, with the assistance of numerous event sponsors, it is assisting the school with much needed infrastructure upgrades, equipment supplies and management of the school’s farm.
Agritech Expo Zambia is owned by the Zambia National Farmers Union (ZNFU) and is organised by Spintelligent, leading Cape Town-based trade exhibition and conference organiser, and the African office of Clarion Events Ltd, based in the UK.
Agritech Expo Zambia 2019:
Farmers Preview Day
Thursday 11 April 2019 | 09:00 – 17:00
Open to all agricultural professionals
Friday 12 April 2019 | 09:00 – 17:00
Saturday 13 April 2019 | 09:00 – 15:00
Location: Gart Research Centre, Chisamba, Zambia